The Jade and Pearl Pink Pearls Plus Extra Dense + Firm sponge is a synthetic, reusable sponge that may relieve the dragging sensation associated with pelvic organ prolapse.
They offer extra support to prolapsed organs such as the uterus, bladder or intestines. They available in 2 sizes (small or large) and can be custom trimmed depending on the type of prolapse.
Whilst they are dense, these sponges are not suitable for absorbing large volumes of liquid so are only suitable for light menstrual flow or prolapse.
They can be washed and reused for up to 3 months
Each package includes one single sponge.
Small - 8.89cm (3.5")
Large - 11.43cm (4.5")
Sponges can be delicate so care should be taken when cleaning and using them. If cared for properly, Pink Pearls sponges can last for up to 3 months.
Jade and Pearl recommend the sponge is cleaned;
- Prior to using for the first time
- Daily or every other day during use
- If the sponge has an odour
- Prior to storing
Ensure sponge is completely dry before storing.
- Use a natural chemical-free soap or soak for 5-10 minutes in a cup of warm water with one of the following:
- 2-3 drops tea tree oil
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp baking soda (helps restore volume and density)
- 1 tsp hydrogen peroxide (helps eliminate discolouration)
- Rinse sponge and squeeze out excess water
Do not boil your sponge as this will shrink and toughen your sponge.
Do not use harsh soaps or chemicals.